12 July 2007

AOC 'Housekeeping' Update

This is:

  • A quick note about what it is I'm doing with Achieving Our Country (AOC) these days.
  • A reminder that whatever I do is subject to change, depending on readers' input.
  • An expression of thanks
There is an ongoing series of posts that I plan to conclude within at most one week, describing the conditions necessitating a new activist network. The history and analysis in that series is over-simplified and, most certainly, old news for readers. My purpose in doing this short exercise is more for my benefit than anyone else's. It's enabling me to: 1) begin a regular writing process, 2) begin organizing my thoughts, and 3) get something published, get the ball rolling, so to speak. Readers' patience is appreciated. I suspect that by just getting started, something will arise - in collaboration with you, I hope - in an organic way, leading to some kind of framework for action. This does not have to be perfect (Good thing! Because obviously it won't be), or all things to all people. As the process continues, we can fill perceived 'holes' in the framework.

Simultaneously, I will "pop in" with some specific ideas pertaining to the AOC project. For example: today I have a added a link in the Resource Library to SourceWatch, "a collaborative project of the Center for Media and Democracy to produce a directory of the people, organizations and issues shaping the public agenda. A primary purpose of SourceWatch is documenting the PR and propaganda activities of public relations firms and public relations professionals engaged in managing and manipulating public perception, opinion and policy."

I am planning to set the Comments feature to post directly to this page. Anyone who wants to add ideas, correct my mistakes, or take off in another direction is welcome. Comments will continue in the pop-up window until I finalize the change; if you want those comments posted "up front," I will make it so.

Karen M, proprietor of The Chocolate Interrobang blog and a prolific, erudite, and compassionate poster at Glenn Greenwald's Unclaimed Territory blog, helped me start this blog. My heartfelt thanks go out to you, Karen.

That's all for now.

4 comments:

Jim White said...

Gordon,

I will be very close to Memphis next week. I'd be happy to buy you a cup of coffee and discuss strategy.

Gordon said...

Jim,
Sounds good.

Gordon said...

Jim,
I'm adding an email link where you could send details re: your travel plans.

Gordon said...

Jim,
Sorry, shoulda mentioned: the email link is contained in my profile.
See ya!